We are committed to preserving the privacy, integrity and security of the personal information we hold about our customers and those who make contact with us.
This includes any information provided through this website (the “Website”).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations (“Data Protection Legislation”), Cliff Hotel will be the ‘data controller’ for all personal information that we determine the means and purpose of processing. EAST ANGLIAN HOTEL LIMITED is a limited company registered in England under company no.10645281, and with its registered address at Union Suite The Union Building, 51 – 59 Rose Lane, Norwich, NR1 1BY, England (“Cliff Hotel”).
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Number: ZA387997
By “Personal Data” we refer to information collected or held by Cliff Hotel, that identifies and relates to you as an individual.
When we collect guest information
We receive personal information in the following circumstances:
• when you check in at our hotel in person;
• over the phone or when you make a booking in advance over email or through our website;
• we may also receive information via online travel agencies that you have used to process your booking with us;
• if you purchase any of our services or if they have been purchased by somebody else on your behalf; and
• Whenever you contact us to make enquires regarding any of our services.
Information we may collect
We may collect personal information about you when you request our services, including:
• your name;
• postal address;
• invoicing details/address;
• information regarding the services you request;
• supplementary information you provide us about yourself when contacting us;
• email address; and
• telephone numbers (including mobile).
We may also collect technical information about you when you visit the Website. This information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and version, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
• internal record keeping;
• to fulfil your bookings and/or to provide services or facilities you request from us;
• to collect payment from you;
• to administer and manage our relationship with you, which may include asking you to complete surveys or feedback forms;
• transactional data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
• information relating to your use of our services, such as room preferences, special requests, feedback and survey responses;
• booking history;
• to give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
• to notify you about changes to our services;
• to allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
• to ensure that the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• any relevant troubleshooting, testing or statistical analysis as appropriate; and
• to keep the Website secure.
Where we have your permission to do so, we may also use the information collected to:
• provide you with information about our services that we offer via promotional communications; and
• keep you up to date with features on the Website,
however, you can opt-out of any of these data uses at any time by emailing email@example.com
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Legal basis of processing
We will only process your information for as long as we have a relevant legal basis to do so. This is usually in order to provide you with the contractual services you have requested from Cliff Hotel or if you have provided us with adequate consent to process your information for other purposes. If we have relied upon your consent as the legal basis for our processing, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting the email address below.
If we choose to process your information under the legal basis of legitimate interests, we will always inform you of our legitimate business interest and your right to object.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting your information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All hard-copy records are kept in locked filing systems with adequate physical controls and access restrictions to prevent unauthorised personnel gaining entry. Our servers are encrypted and we have password protection across all of our terminals.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data protection officer
To ensure we continue to monitor our obligations under Data Protection Legislation, Cliff Hotel has appointed a data protection officer (DPO). If you wish to contact the DPO regarding any specific elements of Cliff Hotel’s data handling, please send your enquiries for attention of the DPO to email@example.com.
Transfer of data outside of the EU
We shall not transfer any personal data to any country outside of the European Economic Area unless we ensure that such personal data is subject to an adequate level of protection and appropriate legal safeguards in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Sharing your information with others
Please be assured that we will not share your information for any other reason unless we are required by law or permitted to do so under this Privacy Notice. The main circumstances in which we will be permitted or required to disclose this is by law will be by court order, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. However, sometimes we may share your information with third parties in the following ways:
• we may use carefully selected sub-processors to help us collect, store or manage your information. This will always be managed under the terms of a written data processing agreement;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
• if Cliff Hotel is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Access to your Personal Data
You have rights in relation to any Personal Data that we hold about you. If you wish to access your Personal Data you may make a formal subject access request by contacting Cliff Hotel.
The information you request must relate to you or another person that you have authority to act on their behalf. Cliff Hotel will require a confirmation of your ID prior to providing any information about the data we hold. If you are unable to provide sufficient information to prove your ID, Cliff Hotel reserves the right to refuse your request for access to Personal Data. The rights you have in relation to the Personal Data we hold regarding you are:
• the right to rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold;
• the right to erasure of information in specific circumstances;
• the right to request transfer of your information to another controller; and
• the right to object to processing in certain circumstances.
If you have provided us with consent to process your information, you always reserve the right to withdraw this consent via the method detailed in the paragraph below. We are committed to ensuring that your wishes are respected and upon notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, Cliff Hotel will immediately cease processing the information in question.
Please send your request to Cliff Hotel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time to ensure it always accurately reflects the way we collect, use and safeguard your Personal Data.
Please check this notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates we may have made to our Personal Data handling practices. The date of the changes will be listed in the ‘Last updated’ section below. We will endeavour to notify all of our current clients of any updates to this notice via email and we will post the relevant announcement on our website homepage.
We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
How can you make a complaint?
Please note that if you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to issue a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office, the data protection supervisory authority for England and Wales (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Notice.
Last updated May 2018